Find the answers to all your important questions here.
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
Just get in touch and we’ll be happy to help!
No, you don't! All our vehicles can be driven using your standard Category B driving licence (what you drive a normal car with)!
Each vehicle has a different capacity, and you can review the seating and sleeping capacity on the vehicles.
We will need to see each driver’s full license (showing your current address), plus proof of address, which match the drivers licence address, dated within 90 days of the hire date (2x primary primary proof of addresses or 1x primary proof of address and 1x secondary proof of address). If the driver does not have a photocard driving license, a paper driving license and a passport is required.
- Accepted Primary proof of addresses are: Electricity, Gas, Water, Broadband/Landline, Council Tax, TV Licence, Bank Statement, Credit Card Bill/Statement, Mortgage Statement, Polling Card, HMRC self-assessment/tax credit
- Accepted Secondary proof of addresses are: Student Loan, Shotgun Licence, Payslip, Mobile Phone Bills, Penson Letters, Car Finance Statement, Loan Statement, Property Deed
For UK drivers only we will also need to run a DVLA check on your license, for which you will need your National Insurance number. If you would rather not bring this along you can generate a 'check code' on the DVLA website (https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) which you will need to share with us.
Please note: we cannot hire the vehicle without these documents so please ensure you have these organised to avoid disappointment.
All you need to bring are towels, bedding, clothes and food. Pillows, sleeping bags or duvets appropriate for the time of year are recommended. We recommend soft bags rather than rigid suitcases to maximise the storage area of the vehicle.
Included within the hire of your vehicle is:
- A small hamper consisting of Prosecco, Milk, Bread, Butter, Jam, Cheese and a Bottle of water
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- VW Assist – breakdown and roadside assistance
- Unlimited mileage
- Full tank of fuel
- Mains hook-up cable
- Gas bottle – at least 1 full gas bottle. Any refills are at the hirer's own expense.
- Outside table and chairs (if chosen at checkout)
- Crockery – plates, cups, bowls, glasses, mugs etc
- Cutlery - knives, forks, spoons, sharp knifes
- Tin opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
- Whistling kettle
- Washing up bowl
- Washing up liquid, sponge/cloth
- Kitchen Towel
- Toilet Roll
- Tea towels
- Frying pan and saucepan/steamer
- Cooking utensils
- Cheese grater
- Chopping board
As part of your hire package, you will also find a copy of the Brit Stops book which has listings of pubs around the British Isles that allow you to stay overnight in your VW campervan on their premises, all completely safe and free.
We want you to enjoy your adventure, so we offer unlimited mileage!
You most certainly can. We have ample parking at our location, and you are welcome to leave up to 2 vehicles with us whilst you are out adventuring. The vehicle will be off the public highway. Please note that customers leave their vehicles with us solely at their own risk.
Your pets want to adventure just as much as you do! We do allow a maximum of 2 well behaved pets for a small nightly fee, which is available in the extra's section when booking.
You can go anywhere within the United Kingdom, but unfortunately, we're not offering the option to take the vehicle outside of the United Kingdom at the moment. We will keep reviewing it and maybe one day soon, offer this as an option.
Of course we will! We will show you everything during our handover and set some things up (e.g., Bluetooth phone connection etc.) and we will have some basic how to guides on board and of course, we have our How It Works page which will have videos and information on how to use most items!
A refundable security deposit of £1500 will be held on your preferred payment card prior to the start of your rental period to cover insurance excess, any damages to the vehicle or equipment (standard or optional), or road traffic fines incurred. The security deposit will be refunded within 7 days after the end of your rental, less any incurred costs for damages and fines.
- All payments must be made electronically (BACS, PayPal, Debit/Credit Card).
- Please ensure you have the available funds to make payment on the day of collection, otherwise your rental may be cancelled.
- Please note that some card payment holders do not facilitate holds on cards and therefore your deposit may be charged to your card by their request. Please ensure you check with your card holder.
In the unfortunate event our vehicle is involved in an accident, the first thing to do is call the emergency services and make sure you and everyone else aren't injured. Next, you need to call us on 0333 880 0120 within 24 hours and to comply with the Road Traffic Act 1988 section 170, please also:
- Obtain the names and addresses of any third parties and any witnesses.
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties; settlement offer or other like offer.
- Photograph damage to all vehicle(s) and registration number(s).
- Save the incident on the dashboard camera (press the big button with the red symbol on it)
Our vehicle is brand new and maintained by VW so we sincerely hope this does not happen but in the unlikely event it does you are covered by VW Assist. They can be contacted on 0800 777192.
In the event of a break down they will try to get you on your way again. If they can't then you will be recovered back to our location, and we will reimburse you for lost hire days only on a pro-rata basis. We cannot be held responsible for any fees such as campsite bookings, tickets to events etc.
We will assess any damages/breakages/losses when the vehicle is returned. Our terms and conditions explain what is acceptable and we do try to follow the BVRLA standards, although we're not a member yet! Once assessed we will advise of the cost, if any. This will be deducted from your security deposit. We will provide photographic evidence and where possible and provide invoice and receipt information to satisfy you that any deductions are fair and reasonable.
Please do not smoke or vape in or around the vehicle, including the awning (if used). You will be charged £200 if the campervan has evidence of smoking or vaping.
We do not allow any naked flames inside the vehicle (except for the built in hob) or the awning.
We allow 2 drivers total, free of charge, (main driver and 1 additional driver), providing they meet our insurance criteria and bring a valid driver’s licence. You can find the criteria in Section 2 of the Terms and Conditions page.
To help you with any bookings for sites, ferries or entering restricted height/width areas, the dimensions are as follows:
- Length (excluding tow bar): 4.91m
- Height: 2.03m
- Width (incl. wing mirrors): 2.30m
Ready to plan your next adventure?
Book a campervan
Norseman Explore offer a fleet of modern campervans for hire for a wide variety of UK motorhome adventures, available all year round.